Wednesday 8 June 2016

Samia Ghadie - Maria's big future on Coronation Street

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog May 2016, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Samia Ghadie, who plays Maria Connor in Coronation Street, writes a blog over at OK magazine.

In the last blog, Samia writes about new Corrie producer Kate Oates and her own future on the show.

Samia says: "I had a meeting with Kate (our new producer) last week to discuss where we both think my character Maria, should be heading. Kate shared a few exciting ideas and storylines so I'm really excited about that!

My character has been a bit quiet over the last couple of years which has been fine as it's been great having a bit more time at home, but after hearing what is in store for me at work ,I feel ready for some fresh challenges. Watch this space!"

I am very happy to read this. Maria is a much-underused character, in my opinion. Samia can act her socks off when given the right storyline and I look forward to seeing much more of feisty Maria in the future.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...