Tuesday 5 July 2016

Daniel Brocklebank: 'I've had two people ask me to marry them'

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog June 2016, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Daniel Brocklebank, who plays Coronation Street's Billy the Vicar, is interviewed in TV Times magazine.  He says that some fans really believe he's a vicar in real life.  I can't understand, for the life of me, how fans get actors and characters mixed up like this, but it does happen, I understand.

Daniel says: "A couple of people have called me 'Father' when I've been out, which is a bit odd, and I've had two people ask me to marry them. I should get a licence - I could rake it in! Generally people are lovely but one woman came up to me in a supermarket and told me I was going to hell for playing a gay vicar.  She was wearing a floor-length brown corduroy skirt and I could see the venom in her eyes.  I just said: "Darling, all my sins combined are nothing compared to those of your skirt!"

We're big fans of Daniel and Billy, here on the Coronation Street Blog and the Bluenose Corrie Blog



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...