Wednesday 11 January 2012

Corrie's Kate Ford camps it up

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog July 2011, reposted to this blog with permission.)

This absolutely wonderful picture is in today's Mirror magazine to accompany an interview with Kate Ford, who plays Coronation Street's Tracy Barlow.  There's more pics at the website and you must have a look, they're camptastic.

But behind the fun pics, Kate gives a searingly honest interview and reveals that she doesn't actually like being an actress that much. She says: ‘I don’t know if I should say this in an interview but acting doesn’t really suit me. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I’m not confident, I’m not a showy person. I don’t like all the attention. I thought it would suit me, but it doesn’t. I just think you have to be very confident. I mean, all the extra things that people do, like presenting awards and singing at charity events, I can’t do it. I can’t even go on live TV and do interviews any more because it just fills me with horror, I shake. I’m really lucky to have the job, but it doesn’t suit my nervous disposition that well. I love being on Corrie, and I’m very proud to be a part of it, don’t get me wrong, and I love being able to do days like this. I love all the things it’s brought me, but it’s not without its downside, the pressure and stuff like that.’ 

The full interview is well worth a read and it's here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...