Friday 27 January 2012

Norris in the loo

Most of the time, I can suspend disbelief. I know that you have to do that for television fiction, they do take liberties. But I just can't imagine that Norris would have been locked in the lavvy all weekend. It was a Friday episode when he was locked in but a Monday episode (originally aired in the UK) when he was let out.

Doesn't Roy open the cafe on weekends? Saturdays at least? It always seems to be open. And wouldn't they hear Norris hollering from down below them or hear the lavvy flush over the weekend?

Even if the cafe is closed, Roy and Hayley still use the staircase right next to the lavvy to go up and down and out of the flat through the cafe all the time. As far as I know, there is no other external door to the flat other than through the business premises. Surely Norris would hear someone coming and make noise.

I might believe an overnight in the loo, but not a whole weekend. Sorry. Can't buy this one.

edited to add: I think they seemed to make out it was only overnight and I think Roy did make some comment about hearing a vague thumping overnight. But what I said still goes. The building wouldn't be *that* soundproof that either Roy or Hayley wouldn't have heard something and investigate.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Do they not clean the loo every day?

Tvor said...

You would think so. But perhaps Sylvia told Roy she already did it. Surprised nobody wanted to use it by the time she let him out but if she's charging, that might be why.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...