Tuesday 6 January 2015

Will Tracy Barlow be Tanya Pooley Mark II?

(This post was originally posted by Tvor on the Coronation Street Blog in December 2014.)

After reading blogger Scott's wonderful post about Tracy Barlow, and thinking about upcoming spoilers, something occurred to me.

First, let me take you back in time to 1994 or thereabouts.  You may remember that barmaid Tanya Pooley stole Des Barnes from the lovely Raquel. Do you also remember that, after it all blew up in her face, Des dropped her like a hot potato, Bet fired her and Tanya, bent on revenge, decided to steal (Ooh Baby) Charlie Whelan from Bet?

I remember squealing "Don't Do It!" when that long haired predator sobbed on Charlie's shoulder and moved in for the figurative kill. He was helpless to resist. In the end, he and Tanya drove off in his rig, with him apologetic and her smirking triumphantly. He did come back, tail between his legs, not really expecting Bet to take him back and we never saw him again after that.

Now. We have spoilers telling us that Tracy is going to have a fling with Tony. I have been expecting that ever since Tony started dealing with Tracy and Rob and we saw a hint in the summer preview video showing Tony and Liz, with Liz morphing into Tracy. It's going to happen, folks, and sooner than later.

Speculation:

I reckon, though it could start slowly, that it will heat up to a fizzy chemical burn. In a way, though I do like Liz and Tony as a couple, I can see Tracy and Tony as well. I think they'll have a lot of chemistry and I think Tony will end up infatuated by Tracy's charms. She'll lead him around by the nose much as Tanya did Charlie and when it all comes out, and it will because no affair stays secret forever, Liz will hit the roof.

Will that mean the end of Tony? Possibly. Or maybe Tony will shack up with Tracy right under Liz's nose. I like the character and I like the actor and it would be a shame to lose him but it may be inevitable. Tracy being a Barlow, she won't disappear, or not for long. Unless, of course, Liz gets her talons into those brown locks. I wouldn't bet against Liz in a fight against anyone much less Tracy flamin' Barlow.




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This doesn't really belong here, but did anyone notice that during Maria and Luke's dinner date she mentioned that Liam was with Audrey - but in the very next scene we saw Audrey in the pub!

Sorry if this scene hasn't aired in Canada yet - but I don't think it's a spoiler - just something to watch for!

Tvor said...

Oh good catch! I find there's often little continuity slips like that!

Anonymous said...

I understand the writers sometimes have to conveniently forget a couple has children - others the rovers would be pretty empty! But that mini error really made me laugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...