Saturday 26 July 2014

What do we think of Corrie's Yasmeen so far?


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in July 2014, reposted with permission.)

What do we think of Corrie's latest arrival - Kal's mum Yasmeen? From her brief appearances so far I'm rather taken with her.

She strikes me as the kind of no nonsense matriarch Corrie could use right now. She's obviously very family oriented, strong, intelligent and tough but from what I can see, fair-minded. She certainly has more life about her than the rest of her family...so far.

I've also enjoyed her interactions with Leanne. I think the pair could come to understand each other as the storyline progresses. Although I must say Nick's involvement is laughable. That scene the other night when he called Leanne all the names under the sun to create the maximum amount of embarrassment was just awful! I haven't really minded Nick in the past but he doesn't *do* anger very well. I understand the fallout from his brain trauma needs to be ongoing but the direction it's taking is wearing very thin. Why has nobody made him see a   counsellor?

Anyway, I think Yasmeen may yet be the saviour of the Nazir family. I understand she is to become involved in a storyline with Roy Cropper. As she touched on the other night she works as a librarian so I can see this as a possibility. It will be interesting to see how this unusual friendship develops.

So what do you think of Yasmeen Nazir so far? How would you like to see the character develop and who should she interact with among the Corrie regulars?


Follow me on Twitter @GraemeN82


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...