Monday 17 July 2017

Corrie Canada Weekly Awards for July 10 - 14


Who "went" in your Cornflakes? One night out with Erica and Dev is suddenly shouting the odds and raising the rent. And is it really legal to raise it 100 quid in one go? Seems extreme to me.

Wanting it all award: Robert doesn't want to be anybody's business partner, not even (or especially?) not Michelle's. Wise.

Deja Vu award: Michelle nearly had sex with Will when she was in a strop over Steve who had been away recovering. Will has just shown up and Michelle is in a strop because Robert won't let her be his business partner. Are we looking at a rerun? Otherwise, what was the point of bringing him back?

Continuity Fail (or Did I Miss Something?) I thought Sally arranged for Gina to have a council flat. Then the step daughter left. Surely she'd still qualify for it?

Musical Ambiance: "We've Got Tonight" (Bob Seger) while Erica and Kevin were snogging. "Romeo and Juliet" (Dire Straits) at the surprise Birthday party Dev and the kids threw of Erica later. "I Can Help" playing in the pub when Johnny asks Aidan what's on his mind and offers support to his son when he's told about the baby. Then "The Game of Love" when Aidan is talking to Johnny about his reluctance to be a father.

Fashionista award: I really loved the colour and style of Leanne's top and the colour really suited her.

Lines of the week:
Brian "Crisis? What Crisis?.... Roy!!!"
Brian "I'm a very empathetic person" Roy "No, you're not, you're a totally self absorbed person" Brian "That was a bit brutal" (but true, just the same)
Anna "I don't know about you, Kev, but I'm tired of fighting" Kevin "Yeah, well, I never started it" (ooh ouch!)
Michelle "I'm not on the rebound" (we must be using different dictionaries) Dev "No more Mr. Nice Guy"
Eva "Do you think there's something wrong with men? You know, like an actual illness where they can't keep it in their pants?" (Only in Weatherfield, luv)
Chesney to Daniel "You're pathetic. And weird" (oh, sure, *that's* the kind of insult that's going to upset Daniel. I don't think.)
Gemma "You're like a little ginger Vin Diesel" (no,not really)
Chesney "I saw an ad for taxidermy classes at the community centre" Gemma "What is so romantic about learning to drive a cab?" (*snort*)
Phelan to Nicola "I think you're my daughter"
Aidan "I've got my eye on a Porche. I want to stay up all night doing shots not bottle feeds"
Eva "I'm going to rinse him for everything he's got and I'll tell you something else, I'm going to enjoy every pigging minute of it" (But you probably won't, you know)





Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...