Tuesday 11 July 2017

Sonia Ibrahim on being starstruck at Coronation Street

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog June 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


Sonia Ibrahim, who plays Mel in Coronation Street, is interviewed by fans in this week's Inside Soap magazine. 

She answers questions which Corrie fans have sent in to the magazine and she comes across really nicely.  She says that she was really starstruck when she first started work on the show.

"I was excited by everyone on my first day. Every time I saw someone I'd say "Oh my God, that's Peter Barlow!" or "Oh my God, that's David Platt!". But the actors who left me most starstruck were people like Bill Roache (who plays Ken Barlow) because he's the centre of old-school Corrie, isn't he?"

Asked which former Corrie characters she would bring back if she had the chance she said Tina McIntyre and Becky McDonald.

And if she could play anyone else on Corrie for a day, it would have to be Eva. "I think she's great. She's so feisty and is a very strong woman who has that girl power and independence about her. It'd be very cool to work in the Rovers Return too!".

Sonia recently got engaged at Manchester Town Hall. You can read more on that here.

See also: Sonia Ibrahim reveals why Mel can't help Bethany







Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...