Tuesday 25 March 2014

Will Tony be good for our Liz?


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in March 2013.)

So what do we think of Liz and Tony so far? I think Liz McDonald is one of those Corrie women who needs a man. The trouble is some of her choices have been less than clever. I guess that's where the good stories come from though.

Personally, I'd love to see Jim McDonald make a return from the Big House. If the writers can spring Tracy out of jail at the drop of a murder conviction, they can surely get Jim back on the street. Liz and Jim have real presence together on screen and I think it would be great to reunite them.

However, I digress. Tony is the latest in a fairly long line of fellas Liz has dallied with. I think Terence Maynard is doing a good job so far, and it's good to see Jason interacting with his dad again. I did initially wonder why Alan Igbon had not reprised his role having originally played Tony about ten or so years ago. As an aside, it was Alan Igbon who played the young soldier back in the 1970s who informed Bet Lynch that her son had been killed. 

Anyway, I like Terence Maynard in the part and I think it will be interesting to see how Liz and Tony get on. It hasn't taken long to put Eileen's nose out of joint and I doubt Steve will be too thrilled either. What Tony's longterm plans are remain a mystery. He seems to genuinely want to reconnect with Jason, however his recent underhand doings have shown that he's still a tad on a shady side. Perfect for Elizabeth then!

So what do you think of Liz and Tony so far? Are you looking forward to seeing how this relationship develops?




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Ruth owen said...

Enjoyed that Graham, thank you. I think they are in lust at the moment rather than in love, but I find Tony to have quite a hard edge, for example when he had a 'word' with Steve. I can't help but think thay Liz will end up heartbroken and I just hope that Eileen will have the good grace not to say- I told you so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...