Tuesday 28 March 2017

Rob Mallard: "I'd love Denise Black to return to Corrie!"

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog February 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


There's an excellent interview in Inside Soap magazine this week with Rob Mallard, who plays Daniel Osbourne in Coronation Street.

I won't blog the whole interview, because it's definitely worth buying the magazine to read what Rob has to say over two pages.  But in a nutshell, the highlights of the interview for me were the following:

Rob says the best thing about being in Corrie is hearing 57 years worth of stories from Bill Roache (Ken Barlow).  "I do feel very privileged to be hearing them from him," he says.


He says he's had a good response from the public after his interview with Gay Times.

When Daniel had to punch the wall the other week in Corrie after his fight with Chesney, Rob says: "There was actually a little square piece of wall made out of polystyrene, which was screwed into the real wall to absorb the shock.  I mean, I was still hitting a brick wall underneath, but they didn't tell me that until afterwards!"

And finally, Rob says this about the possible return of his on-screen mum, Denise Osbourne:



"I would love it if she were to come back to Corrie! I've been a fan of Denise for a few years and when the audition for the role of Daniel first came up, one of the reasons I was so keen to win the role was because of the people I'd get to work with.  I knew I'd get to do scenes with the Barlows, but there was also the possibility I'd get to work with Denise at some point down the line. And that wasn't something I was going to turn my back on!"




NEW! Coronation Street Blog - the book.
A must for all Corrie fans!


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone happen to see the letter that Daniel looked at when he picked up his mail on Monday's episode, before joining Sinead in the flat? He didn't seem too pleased at receiving it. The address appeared to be typed and there was a return address, but I didn't catch any names. Is this more of the intrigue about his mother, I wonder?
Tvor, I can't remember why Liz would be so annoyed at the idea of Peter owning the
Rovers. What storyline am I forgetting about?

Tvor said...

The letter was likely the news that he was offered a position at Oxford I think. And I think Liz doesn't like Peter and knows he's an alcoholic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...