Friday 9 May 2014

"It's quite emotional" - Coronation Street tour opens to fans

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog April 2014, reposted to this blog with permission.)

There's a lovely article in today's Manchester Evening News reporting on the first Coronation Street fans through the doors today for the new Coronation Street tour.

The first 30 customers, each one paying £16.50, began their tour of the iconic Quay Street set in Manchester at 10am.

After seeing behind the scenes of the world’s oldest and most famous soap, they stepped open-mouthed onto the cobbles of Coronation Street.

There's a video on the MEN website of Corrie fans Lyn Barrett, 51, her partner John, 43, and their son Mikey who were the first onto the old set.

Housewife Lyn told the MEN: “I found it quite emotional actually after all the years I have been watching it. Obviously they’ve moved to a bigger and better place. It was quite strange really, and lovely. I’m really glad we came.

“It’s a piece of history. I’ve always watched it and so has my son. He really wanted to be the first here.”

 Mikey, a pupil at Audenshaw Boys’ Grammar School, said: “I just like the drama. I do drama. My favourite scene was the tram crash.”

Lyn added: “If we don’t watch it we record it or watch it on catch up. We never miss a show. I stopped watching the other soaps but I never stopped watching Coronation Street. I don’t know why. It’s so gripping.”


Coronation Street  – The Tour, will run from April 5  through to October 4 2014. 
See also: What to expect on the Coronation Street tour
Blogger Ruth's experience and photos of the Coronation Street tour
Blogger Emma's experience and photos of the Coronation Street tour 
Blogger Tvor's experience and photos of the Coronation Street tour.




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...